CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What a day!

WARNING: Do not read this post if you have a weak stomach!

So, let me begin with a little back ground. First of all, I feel like Brinley is a brilliant child, completely potty trained within a week from the first day we tried, even at night. Potty training is my excuse for her running around partially nude all day everyday, because it is hard to get pants off in a hurry when every second counts. That being said, my strong-willed, free-spirited girl now feels like she wants to be naked all the time. Yesterday, our sweet neighbor brought her to my front door stark naked...that was a super-star mom moment. (Apparently she was knocking on his door looking for a gumball) She also thinks it is very humerous to go peepee outside on the back porch and in various locations in the house.

So today, I was on the phone with my sis-in-law, when I hear a faint crying sound... Thinking that my own children were safely upstairs watching Little Mermaid or napping, my motherly instinct prompted me to check outside to see whose little darling needed help. I opened the front door to find Brinley, standing outside, stark naked, and screaming at the top of her lungs. Oh, and she was covered in something that I found upon closer inspection to be poop-very foul smelling poop, might I add! "How did you get out here, and what is the matter?" I asked in alarm, as I watched her wipe her face with her poop covered fingers. (Yes, I was horrified!) "Where is the poop?" was my next question. She pointed at a trail all down my front walk of leaves covered in the stuff that she had apparently used to wipe herself. As she contintued to cry hysterically and wipe poop all over her face, I swiftly picked her up and threw her in the first tub I could find. I have yet to find the original pile of poop (maybe Ben will stumble upon it when he finally decides to mow the lawn...good luck with that, Honey), and beyond my wildest dreams, I cannot figure out why my darling princess has absolutely no aversion to her own poop!

She also peed on her carpet this morning, fed an entire box of cereal to a large colony of ants on our back porch (yes, my husband owns a pest control company), pulled Sophie, fully clothed into the bathtub with her, and peed on the kitchen floor right in front of Ben. She did, however, carefully remove her pretty princess panties each time as not to soil them. Jake was safely at a friend's house for the majority of the drama today. That was my day...hope yours was better.

2 comments:

Kerrie said...

LOL! Oh Monica, I am so sorry, but how can you get mad at such a cute face as hers. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and if you ever need a mommy night out, I am all up for that.

Paula said...

Ha! I'm sorry, Mon! You KNOW I can relate. Still, it's not a fun phase for the mommy. I love all your new posts! So fun to get caught up. Let's play soon!